For the vast majority of men, sexual health problems tend to increase as they get older. Both physical and psychological factors due to aging can have a tremendous impact on sexual performance. While going back in time is not an option, there is a solution to help rejuvenate your youthful vigor and appearance. The Priapus Shot® is the method of injecting the penis with your body’s own Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) which helps to improve the health and vitality of the penis. The Priapus Shot® enables rejuvenation by promoting increased blood flow to the penis, which ultimately strengthens the erection and enhances appearance. Many patients may qualify and benefit from this procedure.
PRP Method of Action
- Growth factors are secreted once the PRP interacts with the calcium chloride. These growth factors are found with the alpha granules of the platelets.
- The secreted growth factors bind to the external surface (cell membranes) of cells found in the recipient area.
- The receptors found upon the cell membranes induce an internal signal within the cell itself that leads to cellular proliferation, matrix formation and collagen synthesis.
- After the initial release of PRP-related growth factors, the platelets synthesize and secrete additional growth factors for the remaining 7 days of their life span.
Steps of the Priapus Shot®
- A numbing lidocaine cream is applied to the penis. Additional numbing may be utilized.
- Blood is drawn from the arm (identical to having a blood test done) into a syringe.
- The blood undergoes centrifugation twice to ensure the separation of the platelet rich plasma (PRP) and platelet poor plasma (PPP).
- The PRP is then drawn into two syringes with calcium chloride and injected into the penis using a tiny needle in order to distribute the growth factors in a proper way.
- The platelets interact with the calcium chloride found in the solution and the platelets are tricked into thinking that the body has been “injured”.
- The platelets subsequently release growth factors due to the presence of an “injury”.
What Can You Expect After Treatment?
- Increased blood flow and circulation
- Improved sexual capabilities
- Increase in sexual stamina-maintain a longer and more fulfilling sex life
- Increased sensation and pleasure
- Enhanced appearance
- Increase in girth and length (up to 1 inch)
- No allergic reactions
- No lumps
- Minimal discomfort
- No downtime